*Please email a clear photo of your makeup free lips to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to booking, to ensure that you are a candidate for a lip tattoo. Call 908-472-5557 to schedule lip services.
What is lip blush tattoo?
Lip Blush tattoo is used to enhance the natural lip shape, symmetry, and color. A customized pigment is applied to add definition to your lips and conceal imperfections based on your skin tone and personal preference. Your lips will look like lipstick on the first day, and soften as they heal to become a very subtle, natural looking lip tint. Apply a little gloss or balm and your lips look beautiful 24-7!
If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing can cause outbreaks. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication a few days prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent any cold sores. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
What to expect?
- There may be moderate swelling, redness and bruising for the first 3 days.
- If you experience swelling, use an ice pack for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This usually takes place within the first 3 days.
- Expect the color to lighten up to 50-70% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear uneven at different stages of healing. Be patient. This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
- Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink. Permanent Makeup does fade and is expected to last 2 to 5 years before requiring a touch-up. Maintenance touch ups are suggested for best results.
- It can take 2 sessions prior to achieving the level of saturation you may desire. Touch ups are not included in the cost of the initial Lip Blush procedure.